Monday, February 21, 2011

Review: LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser

Posted by Felicia

I'm back guys! Forgive my inactiveness these past few months as I've been busy with Senior year. I'm back now I promise! One of my friend had came up from California to Oregon several days ago we have been chilling out together with a group of friends these past few days. Yesterday was a sunny day, just right for a trip downtown :).

May I just say, LUSH might just be my new found store for skincare now?! I'll have a few other post with reviews for my hauls sometime.  LUSH was a recomendation from my friend, which supposingly people in my previous school swears by these days. LUSH isn't cheap mind you, but LUSH claims to use all fresh, organic ingredients with no preservatives, I just had to try it!


In short:
- Messy to use                                                    - Leaves skin soft and smooth.
- Portable for travelling                                       - For all skin type!
- Gentle on skin, Great for everyday use             - Lavender scented
- Not greasy                                                      - Milk-based cleanser
- Organic and no preservatives                           - Short shelf life (3 months-ish?)
- Does not remove makeup                                - Gentle exfoliation

What they say: Angelic and medieval recipe for the skin. Our best-selling cleansing roll is perfect for all skin types. Made with finely ground almonds and heaps of balancing lavender, a pea-sized amount will gently scrub away the day.

How to use: Dampen your face with warm water. Place a pea-sized chunk in the palm of your hand and add water to create a paste. Apply to your face using small, circular motions. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.


Featured ingredient:
Ground Almonds:
Ground almonds are highly effective as they are gently exfoliating. They give a lovely polish to the skin, improving skin tone and colour. Ground almonds are in one of our best-selling products, Angels On Bareskin. This product is very often the number one best-seller in Japan.


Ingredients: Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis),Glycerine,Kaolin,Water (Aqua),Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida),Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia),Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla),Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta),Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre),Lavender Flowers (Lavendula hybrida),*Limonene,
*Linalool.

They come in a plastic container with the price on it.
Cookie doughish, playdoh texture
My take:
I am seriously converted to Angels with Bare Skin now! I have a normal/combination skin and its not too oily or drying for me. I use the same cleanser for all four seasons, but during winter, my skin would always feel too dry half hour after using cleanser if I didn't use a moisturizer right after it. Angels on Bare Skin leaves my skin smooth and supple after using it. The ground almonds in the cleanser is a perfect gentle, yet natural exfoliator. It however, does not remove any kind of makeup at all. Makeup should be removed with makeup remover anyways.  Its texture is kind of like Playdoh- something that i've not seen before can get a little messy. I do love its refreshing lavender scent though.

Would I repurchase/recomend? Definately yes! At $10.95 per 3.5 oz, it might be pricey for some, but it is by far, the best cleanser I've ever invested on. Granted, all LUSH products do not have a long shelf life, It is organic with no preservatives in it. It might be a little messy to work with at first with its playdoh texture, it is easy to use once you get a hang of it.



Overall: 12/15
Packaging: 4/5
Product: 5/5
Price: 3/5

1 comment:

Yumeko said...

not sure why, but your pictures [first one] doesnt show up??